What is Guided Meditation?
Guided meditation is when you are guided, by a narrator, to elicit a specific change in your life. You are first guided to relax your body and mind, to help you reach a deep meditative state before going on a journey, in your mind, to reach a specific goal.
With guided meditation, you don’t need to know how to meditate. All that’s required is that you listen, and you’ll move effortlessly into the renewing waters of your subconscious mind. The subconscious mind has control over the 37.2 trillion cells of your body, and also regulates and connects all 12 systems that keep you alive and functional, including the cardiovascular (heart), endocrine gland, respiratory, nervous, immune, circulatory, digestive, lymphatic (detoxing), muscular, skeletal, reproductive and urinary systems. That is truly impressive and should never taken for granted.
What is Meditation good for?
- Meditation slows down brain wave activity and subdues stress all the while triggering human growth hormones (HGH) . HGH helps regulate your metabolism, stimulate fat cells to reduce the amount of stored fats, promote protein synthesis in cells, and play a role in regulating your blood sugar.
- Meditation helps calm the adrenals and allow them to rest, relieving them from over-producing cortisol — the stress hormone — which has a devastating effect on your thyroid function and the ability to lose weight.
- Meditation takes your endocrine system out of a state of high alert. Hormonal secretion becomes regulated and all of your hormonal systems — thyroid, adrenals, sex hormones etc — have an opportunity to come back into balance and restore your soul.
- Both meditation and relaxation allow your body to truly rest, and that’s when you restore balance and renew vitality throughout your entire body. That is not always the case with sleep. Meditation also improves the quality of your sleep as it quells the endless chatter of your mind.
- Meditation alkalizes your system, balancing out acidity that has accrued through the overactivity of your analytical mind and the fear-based thinking that generates stress hormones.
- Meditation decreases inflammation at the cellular level neutralizing acidosis and minimizing pain.
For more information, please contact: